Strony

19.1.18

My Hidden Love for Obituary

By now it should be something like 13/15 years ago that i first heard of Obituary. At that time i was pretty much only listening to Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, Soulfly and Slipknot. At the time me and my brother and some friends were always doing lan-party's. There was this guy that introduced me to a couple of songs from the album Cause of Death from Obituary.

And now, many years later i can't stop listening to these death metal legends! Today, the postman finally delivered my remasterd golden disc of The End Complete. And with that record added to my Obituary collection i have now 4 cd's and 3 vinyl's. Slowly i am getting the whole discography and can't wait for it to be complete! I had to wait a long time btw to get Inked in Blood on vinyl. It was "sold out" and second hand was way to expansive. When the S/T came out Large had Inked in Blood back in stock as well, Of course i couldn't resist it and bought the two right away!

Inked in Blood.. Fuck, that one got me hooked! It's fast, heavy, brutal and for me their best record they have made so far. The shortest track on the album called Violence is by far my fav. track.

But, i love the other albums just as much as Inked in Blood. I mean, Back From the Dead, The End Complete, World Demise.. Cause of Death and Slowly we Rot! Piece by piece a brutal smashing record like no other band can do. That's why, Obituary are pure death metal legends (imo).

I'm not sure btw, but a couple of months ago i read they will start making a new album soon (a follow up to the S/T). I hope this is true and it might come out this year. That will make it even better with the upcoming albums from Dimmu Borgir, Behemoth and Rammstein. I kinda want to add Machine Head to this little list as well but so far, don't think that album will be.. special? It is getting to much hate already wich sucks.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

© Agata | WS | Big Hero 6 Disney | X X.